HISTORY OF DATA STRUCTURE
Data structures can implement one or more particular abstract data types (ADT), which specify the operations that can be performed on a data structure and the computational complexity of those operations. A data structure is a particular way of organising data in a computer so that it can be used effectively. The idea is to reduce the space and time complexities of different tasks. Data structures provide a means to manage large amounts of data efficiently for uses such as large databases and internet indexing services. Usually, efficient data structures are key to designing efficient algorithms. Some formal design methods and programming languages emphasise data structures, rather than algorithms, as the key organising factor in software design. Data structures can be used to organise the storage and retrieval of information stored in both main memory and secondary memory.
WHERE IT IS USED?
Data Structure is mostly used in the following application
Hash Table – used for fast data lookup – symbol table for compilers, database indexing, caches,Unique data representation.
Tree – dictionary, direct selling business
Suffix tree – fast full text searches used in most word processors.
Stack – undo\redo operation in word processors, Expression evaluation and syntax parsing, many virtual machines like JVM are stack oriented.
Queues – Transport and operations research where various entities are stored and held to be processed later i.e; the queue performs the function of a buffer.
Priority queues – process scheduling in the kernel
Radix tree – IP routing table
BSP tree – 3D computer graphics
Graphs – Connections/relations in social networking sites, Routing ,networks of communication, data organization etc.
Heap – Dynamic memory allocation in lisp
- Life time validity (enrolled one time and revise many times)
- Interaction with best faculty and Industry Experts
- Small Batches to focus on each student
- We focus theoretical and practical both parallel because we believe that practical is very important but it depends on theory.
- You will do dummy and also live project.
- Flexible hours available (if you have any problem in timing, you can get daytime, weekends and evening batches)
- we provide online test facility
- GD in programming language